UTLA Election Winner Results Below
March 20, 2017
The results are pending challenges and must be certified by the UTLA Board to be official. There will be elections in the second round of voting for Area chairs in the South and Valley East. Once all election cycles are complete, the new officers and Board of Directors members take office July 1, 2017, and will serve until June 30, 2020.
In this first round of voting, which ran from February 3 to February 27, 2017, UTLA members cast ballots for the seven citywide officer positions as well as for 38 seats on the UTLA Board of Directors.
- Citywide Officer: candidate declared the winner in their respective category is listed first with votes and percentages. Candidates for officer positions must get more than 50% of the vote to avoid a runoff and be elected.
- Board of Directors: No runoffs. Candidates for Board of Directors by Area, the top three NEA vote-getters are considered elected and the top one AFT candidate.
- BoD Special Category: candidate declared the winner in their respective category is listed. Candidates for BoD Special Category with the most votes wins.
- Area Chairs: There will be elections in the second round of voting for Area Chairs in the South and Valley East.
NEA Vice President
AFT Vice President
Elementary Vice President
Secondary Vice President
Board of Directors by Area
There are no second round runoffs for BoD positions.
Board of Director positions are based on the three NEA candidates and the one AFT candidate with the most votes.
Elections for South and Valley East Area Chairs will go into the second round of voting and will be counted on April 18, 2017. Ballots must be the post office by 8 a.m., April 18, in order to be counted. Only these two areas will be voting. The deadline to call or submit the online Ballot Replacement Form was extended to 5 p.m., April 3.
# indicates the candidate is elected and is unopposed.
* indicates the candidate is also running for Area Chairperson.
Karen Ticer-Leon*# - Area Chair runoff
Maria Miranda*# - Area Chair runoff
L. Cynthia Matthews#
Valley East Area
Victoria Casas* - Area Chair runoff
Scott Mandel* - Area Chair runoff
Valley West Area
Philip H. Gross, MBA
Board of Directors Special Category
ADULT & OCCUPATIONAL EDUCATION
EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION
HEALTH & HUMAN SERVICES
Contact the Elections Committee
All election inquiries should be emailed to email@example.com. These emails are not handled by the webmaster.
All election material is the sole responsibility of the Elections Committee, which enforces election rules passed by the UTLA Board of Directors and is not the role of UTLA staff.